(Makes 6 waffles)
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ cup whole wheat flour
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups low-fat milk
2 Tablespoons canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Heat the waffle iron as directed. (Preheating differs depending on the type,
model, and size).
2.. In a medium sized mixing bowl, measure and add the flour, wheat flour
sugar, baking powder, and salt.
3. Crack the egg into a small mixing bowl, check for any shells.
4. Add the milk, canola oil, and vanilla into the small mixing bowl and whisk
5. Pour into the dry ingredients. Mix just a few seconds, until all the ingredients
are moistened, (the batter will look slightly thick and lumpy).
6. Pour approximately ½ cup batter onto the hot waffle iron. Cook until golden
brown and remove to serving platter.
7. Top with fresh berry topping. Yum!