4. Peel the cucumber, then cut it in half, then in half again, and scoop out the seeds,
(the center of the cucumber is soft enough that you can jus use a spoon). Use a
paring knife to slice these super thin.
5. Pull the cilantro leaves from the stem and chop cilantro leaves.
6. Rinse the lettuce in cold water and pat it dry. Roll up a few pieces together and
chop really thin.
7. Using a paring knife, cut off the tips of the green onion, then run the paring knife
down the center of the green onion and slice into thin, 2 inch long pieces.
8. Dip the lettuce wrappers one at a time into warm water, making sure both sides
get wet. Put it on the cutting board. (If there is a lot of excess water then use a
clean dish towel and just press lightly all around the top of the wrapper to absorb
9. Add 4-5 baby shrimp down the middle of the wrapper.
10. Top with two tablespoons each of the lettuce, noodles, shredded chicken and
11. Now flip over one side of the wrapper, covering the food, (and yes it is really
sticky so wherever you place it, it will stick immediately),
12. Now flip over each side, and roll-up. You did it! Yum!
(Makes 2 cups – Each Serving 2 Tablespoons)
2 Tablespoons lime juice
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1/3 cup chopped cilantro
1 teaspoon sugar
1 Tablespoon chili sauce
2 teaspoons fish sauce
1 cup low-fat peanut butter
½ cup water
1. Juice the lemons and limes.
2. Pull the cilantro leaves from the stem and chop the cilantro.
3. Combine all ingredients in a blender and, give it a whirl for
until mixed, (about 15 seconds). Yum!