(Makes 8 servings)
¾ lb. ground lean beef
¾ lb. finely ground lean beef (you can ask the butcher to do this for you)
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 cup bulgar
½ cup water
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
1. Finely chop the onion.
2. Place ¾ lb. of ground beef into a frying pan and turn the heat to medium-high. Add the
3. Fry the meat and onion until the meat is crumbled and brown, and the onions have a
golden brown color (about 8 – 10 minutes).
4. In a food processor, add ½ cup water to the bulgar to allow to soften. Add the other
¾ 1b. of ground beef, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes (or paste). Mix to combine all
5. Flatten and pat ½ of this meat mixture on the bottom of an 8” x 8” baking dish.
6. The cooked meat goes right on top of this meat layer.
7. Top it off with another layer of the meat and bulgar mixture (this is why it is called a
8. Use a paring knife and cut it into little diamond shapes.
9. Brush the top lightly with olive oil before it goes into the oven (this keeps the top of the
Sini Kufta moist and tender as it bakes in the oven).
10. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. You did it! Yum!