((Makes 9 Servings)
2 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
5 Tablespoons butter
¾ cup buttermilk
½ teaspoon orange zest
Optional: 1/3 cup dried cranberries
Optional: ¼ cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Add the flour, sugar, and baking powder to a medium size mixing bowl.
3. Using a pastry blender cut the butter into the dry ingredients.
4. Pour in the butter milk and add the egg, then stir until ingredients are combined.
5. Add orange zest, cranberries, and walnuts as desired.
5. Use a spoon and drop the dough onto a greased baking sheet.
6. Place in the oven for about 12 - 14 minutes until golden brown.