(Makes 5 cups – 1 serving = ½ cup)
2 ½ cups (16 0z.) Pinto Beans
4 cups water
2 cloves of garlic
1 yellow onion
1 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1. Put the pinto beans in a colander and rinse with cold water
2. Put the pinto beans in a medium size mixing bowl and cover with cold water.
3. Let the beans soak until double in size, about 2 -3 hours.
4. Chop the onion and garlic.
5. *In a crock pot, add the beans, salt, garlic, and onion, then cover the beans with cold water.
6. Cook on medium high heat for 2 – 3 hours, until soft and tender.
7. Mash beans with a potato masher if needed.
8. Add olive oil to a frying pan.
9. Stir and fry beans a cup at a time on high heat, until edges are crispy. You did it!
*Beans may be cooked on the stove top for a faster cooking method.