1 lb. 15%fat or lean ground beef
1 head iceberg lettuce
1 sweet onion
4 ounces of low-fat cheddar cheese
4 hamburger buns
salt, pepper, or seasoned salt to taste
1. Wash lettuce and tomatoes in cold water.
2. Tear lettuce into pieces the size of a hamburger bun. Slice tomatoes
cheese, and onion into very thin pieces.
1. Shape the ground beef into 4 equal size hamburgers.
2. Sprinkle both sides with salt, pepper, or your favorite seasoning.
3. Cook on medium heat until beef is cooked all the way through. (Do not
Press down hamburger while cooking because juices will escape,
and the hamburger will be dry).
4. Cook approximately 3 minutes on each side. (You can also use a meat
thermometer to check that hamburger is cooked through).
5. Top your hamburger with your favorite “fixins”. Yum!