Spicy Corn Salad Recipe
(Makes 7 ½ cup servings)
4 ears of fresh corn
1 cup cherry tomatoes
1 tsp. olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
Juice of 1 lime
2 tsp. white vinegar
2 green onions
¼ cup cilantro
Pinch of cayenne pepper
1. Shave the corn off of the corn cobs.
2. Wearing thin disposable gloves, use a paring knife, and cut off the stem of the jalapeno
pepper then cut it in half. Cut out the ribs, then use a spoon and scrape out all the
seeds. Make very thin slices down each half of the jalapeno and hold these slices with
your left hand and cut across them as small as you can.
3. Juice the lime.
4. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half, and chop the green onions and cilantro.
5. Measure the olive oil into a medium size frying pan.
6. Toss in the jalapenos, corn, and salt.
7. Cook this on medium heat for 7 – 8 minutes until the corn is tender.
8. Sprinkle on the lime juice and vinegar.
9. When the salad has cooled down a bit, top with the green onions, cilantro, and pinch of
cayenne pepper. You did it! Yum!
*Recipe compliments of mealsmatter.org