South of the Border Corn Chowder
2 Tablespoons butter or margarine
1 small yellow onion chopped
1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
2 cups canned reduced-sodium chicken broth
2 small zucchini, grated
2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
╝ cup canned chopped green chilies
╝ teaspoon black pepper
1 cup milk
2 ounces jack cheese, grated
1. In a stock pot melt butter over moderate heat.
2. Add the chopped onion and sautÚ until soft, about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in flour until well mixed.
4. Stir in broth, zucchini, corn, chilies, and pepper.
5, Bring mixture to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally.
6. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Add milk, stirring frequently, heat the soup over moderate heat until it is hot
but not boiling.
8. Ladle the soup into bowls and top each serving with grated cheese. Yum!
Recipe compliments of mealsmatter.org