Corn Bread Muffins
(Makes 12 Muffins 1 Serving = 1 Muffin)
1 cup 1% low-fat milk
3 Tablespoons canola oil
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole-grain corn meal
1 Tablespoon baking powder
3 Tablespoons sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Line muffin pan with 12 baking cups.
3. Whisk the egg slightly in a small mixing bowl.
4. Add, milk and oil.
5. In a medium sized mixing bowl measure flour, corn meal sugar,
baking powder and salt.
6. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until
dry ingredients are moistened, (the batter will look thick and lumpy).
7. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and place in oven.
8. Bake 15 – 20 minutes until light brown on top. Yum!