4. Drop the chicken breasts into the marinade, flip them once to coat
both sides, and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator for
about ½ - 1 ½ hours.
Directions for the Chicken Rice Bowl:
1. In a medium size sauce pan bring 2 cups of water to a boil.
2. Add the rice, cover the pan, and turn the heat to low, (the rice will
take 20-30 minutes to absorb all the water).
3. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
4. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray, and place
chicken on the baking sheet, (throw away the marinade because
raw chicken has been marinating in it).
5. Bake chicken in the oven for 10 minutes, turn the chicken over,
and bake another 10 minutes. Chicken should be golden brown,
tender, and no pink on the inside. (Chicken must be cooked until
it is 165 degrees, you can also check this by using a thermometer
placed into the thickest part of the chicken.
6. Put the baby carrots in a small bowl with 3 Tablespoons of
water and cook in the microwave oven for 2- 3 minutes.
7. Cook peas according to package directions.
8. Rinse the green onions in cold water. Using a paring knife, cut
off the ends, (roots) and discard. Slide the knife down the center
of each green onion, and cut across the onions to chop into tiny
9. Chop the chicken into bite size pieces.
10. Now for the fun part! Take your bowl and add ½ cup rice,
top with chunks of chicken, and sprinkle with carrots, peas,
and green onions. Pineapple is optional, but not only gives
a sweet flavor, it adds that extra fruit serving. Pour a little
of the reserved marinade over your Chicken Rice Bowl!
You Did It! Yum!