8. Brush the egg wash over the edges of the calzone.
9. Pull one half of the calzone up and over and pinch the edges together
with a fork.
10. Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for about 10 - 15 minutes,
until golden brown. Yum!
Homemade Calzone Sauce:
2 cloves garlic
1 Tablespoons olive oil
1 small can- 8 ounces tomato sauce (no salt added)
1 small can – 6 ounces tomato paste
1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
½ cup water
1. In a medium size fry pan, add 1 Tablespoon olive oil and turn the
the heat to medium.
2. Use the garlic press and crush 2 cloves of garlic and add to the frying
pan. Stir with a wooden spoon until lightly browned.
3. Add the tomato paste, tomato sauce, Italian seasonings, red pepper
flakes, and 1/2 cup of water.
4. Turn the heat to simmer and stir occasionally with a wooden spoon.