1 cupshort grain rice
2 pieces nori
4 ounces crabmeat (imitation works great)
½ cup white vinegar
¼ cup sugar
2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
1 small container of seasoned sliced ginger
1. Prepare rice according to package directions, cool to room temperature.
2. In a small sauce pan add vinegar and sugar. Bring to a boil, stir until
sugar dissolves. Cool mixture to room temperature.
3. Using a wooden spoon or rice paddle, stir the vinegar into the rice and set
aside, (this is best used at room temperature).
4, Lay down ½ piece of nori on a bamboo mat. Spoon on 1 cup of rice, and
press down firmly with fingers, allowing rice to extend ¼ inch outside of the
nori, (this helps to secure the enc of the California Roll when shaping).
5. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, then flip the nori over.
6. Slice avocado into thin pieces, and julienne the cucumber into long thin slices.
7. Towards the end of the nori, add several slices of avocado, cucumber and
8. Lift up the end of the bamboo mat, and using the mat for support and shaping,
roll up the California Roll, giving it a squeeze as you go. Towards the end
give it a stronger squeeze and release the bamboo mat.
9. Cut into 6 equal pieces and serve with soy sauce, wasabi, and ginger.
You did it! Yum!